Z Newsroom: Press Kit: Statistics
SquareTrade 2014 Statistics on phone drops:
- Damaged iPhones have cost Americans 10.7 billion in repair costs, $5 billion in the last two years alone
- In the U.S., every 2 seconds a smartphone is damaged
- 30 percent of all drops occur from the phone simply falling out of the user’s hands
- 23 million Americans have damaged their smartphones watching a sports game
- Half of all college students have damaged a smartphone
Loopy Cases Customer Survey - May 2015*:
200 Loopy Cases customers responded to a company Customer Survey. Results of the survey revealed:
- 38 percent of smartphone users have cracked their screen at least once, 7 percent more than three times
- Smartphones have increased up to 60 percent in size over the last 5 years
- 88 percent of smartphone users have a case for their device
Loopy Case Customer Reviews Stats:
- The average customer review rating for Loopy Cases is 92.9 percent positive
- The highest-rated, main focus of 7 percent in buying a case is preserving the slimness of their phone
- The favorite feature of more than 50 percent of customers ‘in the loop’ is not having to worry about dropping their device
- The second-rated feature is being able to use their phone one-handed and reaching the entire phone screen
- 81 percent of customers stated that after owning a Loopy case they do not want to ever have a regular case again
- 87 percent of customers think Loopy Cases are well-priced
- In more than 50 percent of customer reviews the word ‘love’ is used at least once
*The Spring 2015 Loopy Cases Survey was sent to Loopy newsletter subscribers and social media followers. 200 participants completed the survey.
Websites visited on May 5, 2015.
t: (813) 480-1354
CEO, Loopy Cases
<< Back to Press Kit
Hold Your Phone with Your Left Hand?
Not a problem!
Below are some frequently asked questions to help you decide if a lefty model Loopy is for you. In short, it's all about which hand you predominantly HOLD your phone with :)
If you'd like to purchase a left-handed Loopy, simply type out 'LEFTY' in your order during checkout in the notes section. If you're ordering multiple Loopy Cases, please note which models you'd like a LEFTY version of as well.
(Please click any question to expand the answer)
Do I need a left-handed model Loopy?
- The best way to decide whether you need a left-handed version is answered by this question: which hand do you hold your phone with MOST of the time? If the left hand, please request a LEFTY model via the instructions above. If the right hand, no note is needed since this is the default orientation for Loopy :)
What is the difference between a lefty and righty Loopy?
- The loop angle. We set the loop at a specific angle for the most comfort and best performance of your case. You can see the loop angle below:
LEFTY Loopy Example
RIGHTY Loopy Example
Can I still use my phone with my right hand if I get a lefty model?
- Absolutely. Most of us here at Loopy HQ use our cases with both hands with EASE. Our loops are made to be comfortable and versatile for use with both of your hands. The loop angle is simply there to give you maximum comfort with your dominant hand, but does not hinder your ability to use it with the other.
I'm right-handed but use my phone with my left hand. Should I get a lefty?
- Think about the question within the first FAQ question written here. This should help you determine what is best for you!
Anything else I should know?
- Keep in mind that you will be able to use your phone one-handed with a Loopy. This is a game changer! Using your phone one-handed is awesome. Select your dominant hand based on the info above and you shouldn't have a problem at all :)